Gasket | Classification of Gasket | Material for Gasket | Spiral Wound Gasket
5/5 - (2 votes)
1. How the Gaskets are classified based on the type of construction?
Answer: – Based on the type of construction, gaskets are classified as: –
A. Full face.
B. Spiral wound metallic.
C. Ring type.
D. Metal jacketed.
E. Inside bolt circle.
2. What is the most commonly used material for Gasket?
Answer: – Compressed Asbestos Fibre.
3. Which type of gasket is recommended for high temperature & high-pressure application?
Answer: – Spiral Wound Metallic Gasket.
4. What are the criteria for selection of MOC of Spiral Wound metallic Gasket winding material?
Answer: – The selection of material of construction for Gasket winding depends upon: –
A. The corrosive nature and concentration of fluid being carried.
B. The operating temperature of the fluid.
C. The relative cost of alternate winding material.
5. What are the most common materials used for spiral wound metallic gasket winding?
Answer: – The most commonly used material for spiral wound metallic gasket winding is: –
A. Austenitic stainless steel 304 with asbestos filler.
B. Austenitic stainless steel 316 with asbestos filler.
C. Austenitic stainless steel 321 with asbestos filler.
6. Which material is used as filler material for spiral wound gasket in case of high temperature services?
Answer: – For very high temperature services, graphite filler is used.
7. What is centering ring in connection to spiral wound gasket?
Answer: – Spiral wound gaskets are provided with carbon steel external ring called centering ring.
8. What will be the AARH finish on flange face for using spiral wound gasket?
Answer: – 125-250 AARH finish.
9. On which type of flanges the use of spiral wound gasket are restricted?
Answer: – ASME B16.5 does not recommend the use of 150 rating spiral wound gasket on flanges other than welding neck and lapped joint type.